Our summer project is coming to a close, but it’s a funny thing about renovating; just when that one big project is finished it inspires us to see everything around it in a new light. Suddenly the possibilities begin to open up. Change begets change; not only is the exhilaration of completing a project contagious, but it brings a whole new energy to everything else we do. Personal changes can spill over into work-life, and vice-versa. It’s easy to think about what we might like to change; something tangible, like a new office chair, or more nebulous, like a better way of approaching a project, a proposal, or a report. But getting going on an idea can seem challenging. Sometimes clients tell us that they want to approach their customers differently than they do now, or that they would like to implement a new everyday process at their office, but that they just know that a change will never be accepted. Our advice to them: take a step, however small. Once you’re underway, momentum will take over. Some ideas to start changing your day, today…
- Be open to possibilities—opportunities to change don’t always appear when or where we expect them.
- Scale it—if the change looks too big, or too risky, look for one aspect that you cam implement right now.
- Tell someone you trust about the change you are trying to make—it will keep you focused and on track.
- Let roadblocks be opportunities for creating, coaching, or convincing.
- Once your change is underway, the next one will probably reveal itself, but if not, look for it!
Never stop changing,
Megann & Steve